Friday, September 9, 2016

Fashion Friday: Interview with Soul & Needle Creator Adrianna Madore

Hello and Happy Friday MC babes! As I mentioned at the end of my post yesterday, I have a post for you guys today that I am very excited about. Do you guys remember my InstaLove post about Soul & Needle from the beginning of last month?? Well, my blog post today is an interview with the beauty behind the brand, Adrianna Madore.


Adrianna is this adorable human and I hope you guys enjoy our interview below!

Q: What is your full name?
A: Adrianna Mary Madore

Q: Where are you from?
A: St. John’s, Newfoundland

Q: Where do you currently live?
A: Toronto, Ontario

Q: Do you have any pets?
A: I wish! Unless you count your plants as pets (in which case I do..lol). We do girl, those things take a lot of work to keep alive!

Q: What is your schooling background (if any or if in-progress)?
A: I went to MUN (Memorial University of Newfoundland for any mainlanders who might be read this this interview) for a semester, but I quit that after the first semester and that’s when I decided I wanted to move to Toronto to go to school for fashion. In Toronto I went to Humber College for a two-year Fashion Arts program.

Q: What inspired you to start Soul and Needle?
A: Honestly, my best friend had a shirt very similar she got in California. She’d never let me borrow it, so I made my own! A lot of people started asking me where I got it and I’d just offer to make one for them. After a while I realized I could make this into a larger project and start a small fun business with it.

Q: What is the significance behind the name of the business?
A: There’s really no significance haha. I just sat down and brainstormed some cute/catchy names and that one stood out for me.

Q: How long have you been making these dope shirts?
A: Like..4 months? I think.

Q: Who/what inspires you most?
A: I get a lot of inspiration from vintage fashion of course, but I am always keeping an eye on trends too. 
I’ve grown up surrounded by nature my whole life so nature and the outdoors has a very big impact on my inspiration as well, whether it comes to style or creativity. 
But honestly, inspiration is everywhere. Whether it’s the creative people I surround myself with, the creative people I follow on social media, the successful creatives who have made such an impact on the world and our society, the graffiti I walk by day-to-day, the music I listen to or just the people I pass on the street. There’s always something somewhere that sparks an idea or that encourages you to invest yourself into something. 

Q:  Favorite articles of clothing?
A: I’m not one to go crazy over designer stuff and I’m not a big spender on single items, just because knowing me I’ll 100% get some sort of stain on it. But if I really had to pick, either my vintage black leather coach purse or my Levi’s. [Those are] something I’ve had in my closet that I can’t see myself getting sick of anytime soon. 

Q: Favorite brands and places to shop/thrift?
A: I don’t really have a favorite place to shop. I shop a lot at Urban Outfitters and American Apparel, but I am a big big supporter of small local boutiques. 
Favorite spots to thrift would be Kensington market, black market, or, of course, Value Village. 

Q: Favorite food?
A: If there’s one thing you know about me, it is that I love potato chips. Like the shitty Old Dutch ones. 

Q: Favorite beverage?
A: Either Diet Pepsi (with my shitty bag of chips :D), a good americano or cortado.

Q: What are five things that bring you total joy? 
A: 

  1. Being outdoors (hiking, camping, exploring, walking, laying in the park cloud watching, snowboarding, fresh water swimming ('cause chlorine is nasty), actually anything outdoors.)
  2. Going home for a visit (to see my family and friends and the ocean)
  3. Coming up with a creative project and being able to pursue that project 
  4. Travelling
  5. andddd...Dancing
Q: What are your beauty must haves?
A: Aragon oil for my hair and chapstick (I have a small obsession with Burts Bees) 

If you are interested in ordering your own Soul & Needle shirt you can DM Adrianna on Instagram or send her an email at a.madore@live.com. I picked mine up two nights ago and have barely taken it off since!    

XX

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment