Friday, August 19, 2016

Fashion (item) Friday!


 Cu-lottes
noun: culottes
Women's full length trousers; cut with a very wide leg to resemble a skirt. 

 In other words, my very favorite trend atm, and ELLE's most voted "Pant to Wear" in 2016. I will admit, as a bonafide curvy lady- I struggled for a month over wearing these wonderful, wonderful pants- post purchase. My curiosity for culottes started while perusing Banana Republic's F/W '15/'16 lookbook. Fast forward several months (and several sales) later and I couldn't fight the $19.99 urge to pick these puppies in NYC. Light denim was my only option, but for $20 (PROTIP: Extra 10% off with reusable bag!) I was in. 

I have worn these pants twice so far, and both looks were a hit. My first go was an overcast day so I chose Sam Edelman grey suede booties, an oversize JCrew hamptons inspired sweater, and a chunky gold statement necklace from BR. I was comfortable, chic and felt totally on point. My second attempt at culotte-ing involved an open backed white ballet top from Free People. The fitted top contrasted to the wide bottoms made for another easy chic look. 
Final thoughts: the culotte has gone from an iffy denim style, to an absolute staple of my wardrobe. I am so excited to brave the world of textured, colored, and patterned culottes. 

My pants, in a darker color and a slightly better body ;)




These black culottes from Zara are anything but basic; 39.99 CAD zara.com

XO, 



M-L


No comments:

Post a Comment